Re: org-tempo question

From: Jeremie Juste
Subject: Re: org-tempo question
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 19:17:06 +0200

Hello Bruno,

Thanks for your mail. I have been missing this feature that was taken
out of core. I will have to keep up with the modulation of org-mode but
it is for the better.

Regarding your concern
> In the same spirit if before trying that I type tabulation then =<e=
> then tabulation again, nothing is inserted, aka org-tempo seems to work
> only when cursor is at the beginning of line.
I cannot reproduce it. That is

#+BEGIN_SRC
* headline 1
   - item
   <s
#+end_src
Pressing tab after the s works fine. I recall there was a time that
the cursor had to be at the begining of the line for the template to
work but it is not the case anymore. As far as I'm concerned I prefer
the new behavior.

The [1] doc does not mention that the cursor needs to be at the begining
of the line. So I guess it is an expected behavior.

HTH,
Jeremie

[1] https://orgmode.org/manual/Structure-Templates.html