Re: Texinfo in Org-Mode but with texinfo syntax highlighting

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: Texinfo in Org-Mode but with texinfo syntax highlighting
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 14:28:21 -0700

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> writes:

>> I am writing a document in texinfo, but I also have some commands in
>> Org-Mode so that if I change my Emacs Major Mode to Org-Mode
>> I get an easy way to traverse my texinfo code. However I would like
>> to keep the syntax highlighting as the use set for texinfo, rather than
>> that of org-mode. I share a way to do that?

> There is some code out there to let you run multiple major modes in
> Emacs, I would look into that:

> See https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/MultipleModes and perhaps check
> for https://github.com/purcell/mmm-mode

> 2 cents,

Further 2 cents (now we're up to 4 cents ;-) ):

There is a folding minor mode on MELPA that seems to be what you want
instead of org-mode.  You just embed fold markers in a comment (what's a
comment for texinfo?) and fold away.

However, why not consider writing your document with Org and then export
to Texinfo?
--
David Masterson