Re: Bug: DOI links are broken in HTML exports

From: yarnton
Subject: Re: Bug: DOI links are broken in HTML exports
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 18:39:13 +0200 (CEST)

Thanks Bastien.

Do you use a link abbreviation for doi: links ?
When I export this document to HTML the DOI link gets converted into a
broken hyperlink. It should be converted into
https://doi.org/10.1186/s12864-016-2377-z as explained
in https://www.doi.org/. <https://www.doi.org/>

If you use a link abbreviation.
Following the link from the org file with C-c C-o works fine, though.

It'd be great if this could get fixed, as DOI links are incredibly
helpful when dealing with bibliographic items.

What version of Emacs and Org are you using?

I'm not using a link abbreviation for doi: links.

I can reproduce this bug running a stock Emacs (27.1) and stock Org (9.4-elpa) i.e., no init file.

I encountered this bug for the first time a few months ago, when I first used doi: links.

I hope this helps.