Re: Bug: org-cycle stops working on Org files with empty lines at end of

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Bug: org-cycle stops working on Org files with empty lines at end of buffer [9.4 (9.4-elpaplus @ /home/brentg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20200914/)]
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 23:07:51 +0800

> I did a git bisect test, found the bad commit.
> "ee3c3b554 | * bad org.el: Allow empty subtrees to be folded back"

Additional observation:
The unfolding does not happen because org-cycle-show-empty-lines
_always_ reveals trailing empty lines at the end of buffer. It breaks
the assumption in org-cycle-internal-local that end of folded subtree
must always be the same as the end of the folded region.

Before ee3c3b554, that situation was handled by additional check, but it
is not the case anymore.

Best,
Ihor