Re: Infinite recursion ?

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: Infinite recursion ?
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 21:31:50 -0700

David Masterson <dsmasterson92630@outlook.com> writes:

> Haven't figured this out yet, but I seem to be hitting an "infinite
> recursion" bug that eventually dies when it runs out of memory.
>
> The scenario (so far) is trying to change an Org tag in the agenda
> (':'). The command gives me the tags that I then edit and save whereupon
> it sits in an infinite recursion until it hits a limit in Emacs. If I
> quit, the files seem to have been updated, but the Agenda isn't.  I'm
> still trying to figure out how to debug this.  Setting debug-on-quit was
> not consistent and didn't seem to have a large list of function calls
> (ie. the recursion).  Any ideas?
>
> This is Emacs 26.3 with Orgmode 9.4.  I'm also using Org-Super-Agenda
> from Melpa (20200310.1337).

I think that this problem has something to do with
org-agenda-property-list.  When I turned that on for a property, I
began to have problems using the agenda edit commands (for instance ":")
where it would have trouble redrawing the agenda.  When I turned this
off, things started working better,

Should I file a bug?

> Side question that might be related: org-agenda started positioning
> itself at the end of the agenda rather than the beginning after building
> the agenda.  I don't think I changed something for this.  What could
> cause this?

This is still happening.

--
David Masterson