Re: [patch suggestion] Mitigating the poor Emacs performance on huge org

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [patch suggestion] Mitigating the poor Emacs performance on huge org files: Do not use overlays for PROPERTY and LOGBOOK drawers
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2020 13:53:46 +0800

Hello,

> There are still known problems though. The patch currently breaks many
> org-mode tests when running =make test=. It is partially because some
> tests assume overlays to be used for folding and partially because the
> patch appears to break certain folding conventions. I am still
> investigating this (and learning =ert=).

All the tests are passing now.
The current version of the patch (against master) is in
https://gist.github.com/yantar92/6447754415457927293acda43a7fcaef

The patch is stable on my system for last several months. There are
still some minor issues here and there, but it is getting harder for me
to find any problems by myself. I need help from interested users to
review and/or test the patch.

Best,
Ihor