Re: basic org questions

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: basic org questions
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 16:47:32 +0200

Alexander Adolf wrote:

> I use visual-line-mode (which also enables
> word-wrap by default) for Org files. For instance:
>
> (add-hook 'org-mode-hook (lambda ()
>                            (turn-off-auto-fill)
>                            (visual-line-mode)
>                            (flyspell-mode)))
>
> That way lines get wrapped to the buffer's width
> visually, but physically are still single lines.
> Hence, I can add italics. bold, whatever, across
> multiple _visual_ lines, and the formatting is what
> I expect, because in reality it's a single
> _physical_ line only.

Good point, but that would change my by now built-in
finger habits and editing practices, so that'd bite
somewhere else instead, if I did that, like,
instantly :)

Anyway speaking of editing... using `visual-mode'
seems to have solved the visual issues like a charm
but editing sometimes, not often, but still,
gets wierd.

One example is this table, with point at ^. Here, hit
DEL and the vertical line (bar) won't move.
Because DEL isn't `delete-backward-char', but
`org-delete-backward-char'. But that's OK, I can
change that...

  | inlägg |
[[https://www.facebook.com/raddaeriksbergsskogar/posts][https://www.facebook.com/raddaeriksbergsskogar/posts]]

  | grupp  |