Re: basic org questions

From: Stefan Nobis
Subject: Re: basic org questions
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 11:25:41 +0200

> for my part, i appreciate your using the "wrong" style for your
> email message

A plain text document presented in a monospaced font is quite a
different thing than a (longer) PDF with a plethora of layout and
micro-typographic options.

Do you also appreciate the workarounds to represent complex math
formulas in plain text and do you prefer these workarounds to a nicely
set formula in e.g. a PDF?

So I would say everything depends on the context. In books I very much
prefer the usual style of marking paragraphs by indenting the first
line and no extra space between paragraphs. IMHO much easier to read
(and in case of books with many special elements like formulas also
much less ambiguous).

But in other contexts (even when producing PDFs via LaTeX) other
styles may be preferable. I just add my remarks because I just too
often see the "mail style" marking of paragraphs in longer texts
(reports etc.) where the usual "book style" would be much more
friendly to at least my eyes. Just be aware of the options and try to
find a style that is pleasant to most of your readers. :)

--
Until the next mail...,
Stefan.