Re: Getting Org-Crypt to work (doc bug?)

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: Getting Org-Crypt to work (doc bug?)
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 17:11:44 -0700

Gregor Zattler <telegraph@gmx.net> writes:

> Hi David,
> * David Masterson <dsmasterson92630@outlook.com> [2020-09-12; 19:09]:
>> I'm trying to get org-crypt to work, but I'm missing something.
>> Following the Org-Crypt Info page, I've set it up for symmetric
>> encryption and added a :crypt: tag to a header.  When I try to save the
>> file, it reports that no key was specified, so it will do symmetric
>> encryption.  And then it freezes.  C-g will unfreeze, but the buffer is
>> slightly messed up like it started working on something, but waited for
>> an external command? GPG is installed.  What am I missing?
>
> I assume it waits for a passphrase.  Do you have gpg-agent
> installed?  What is your operating system?

Yes, gpg-agent is installed and appears to have been started in
background.  My O/S is Debian on a Chromebook.

I start Emacs via 'xterm -e emacs' and just noticed (thanks to you) that
I'm getting a textual popup on the xterm asking for the
passphrase. Given that, everything works.

So, you're saying that the textual popup is the correct mechanism for
getting the passphrase?

--
David Masterson