Possible conflict with outline-magic

From: John Haman
Subject: Possible conflict with outline-magic
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 09:52:08 -0400

Hello, I would like to use the outline-magic package to cycle headings in outline-mode. I installed outline magic, and put the recommended configuration in my init file.

(use-package outline-magic
  :ensure t
  :config
  (add-hook 'outline-mode-hook
            (lambda ()
              (require 'outline-cycle))))

The package works great! I can easily cycle visibility of headings in outline-mode with TAB. No further configuration.

After installing outline-magic, my org-capture stopped working. I have a very benign capture configuration.

(use-package org-capture
  :after org
  :hook
  (org-capture-mode . evil-insert-state)
  :custom
  (org-capture-templates ... <all my templates> ... ))

When I call org-capture now, I get an error:

Template key:
File mode specification error: (file-missing Cannot open load file No such file or directory outline-cycle) org-capture: Capture abort: (file-missing Cannot open load file No such file or directory outline-cycle)

How do I prevent this strange interaction between outline-magic and org-capture?

What I tried:

- Deleting Elpa folder and reinstalling all packages.

No luck so far.

(Note: I cannot switch from outline-mode to markdown-mode because markdown-mode has fontificiation issues on the files I edit)

Thanks all, any help here is greatly appreciated.

John