Re: Bug: Repeating tasks no longer appearing on future dates in the agen

From: Gustavo Barros
Subject: Re: Bug: Repeating tasks no longer appearing on future dates in the agenda [9.3.6 (9.3.6-17-g389288-elpaplus @ /home/gustavo/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20200224/)]
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 08:17:30 -0300

Hi Bastien,

On Thu, 10 Sep 2020 at 02:34, Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:

Hi Gustavo,

Gustavo Barros <gusbrs.2016@gmail.com> writes:

As of recently, repeating tasks are no longer showing up in the agenda for future dates. Below a minimal example of the issue:

Just confirming this issue, to make sure we don't forget it.

Thank you for keeping track of this. But this issue is currently not affecting us any longer.

If I recall correctly, the problem had emerged after a fix to another issue. Kyle was able to identify the commit, and the discussion then converged to revert that commit, thus restoring the behavior which prompted this report of mine, until a fix for the other issue which did not cause this could be found.

Some of the relevant messages are:

- Kyle's message stating the commit was reverted, with the corresponding commit numbers: https://orgmode.org/list/87o8rx1cmf.fsf@kyleam.com/

- The issue whose fix caused this regression is mentioned at: https://orgmode.org/list/87o8tim83q.fsf@kyleam.com/

I think (not sure) that that issue is still pending.

Best,
Gustavo.