Re: org-time-stamp in German or Spanish or....

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: org-time-stamp in German or Spanish or....
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2020 17:58:56 +0200

>>> "SN" == Stefan Nobis <stefan-ml@snobis.de> writes:

> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:
>> But is inserts the name of the days in English

> The format and language of the time-stamps is controlled by the
> function format-time-string (the docstring of this function shows all
> the available placeholders, including "%a" for the locale's
> abbreviated name of the day of week).

> So the name of the days should be controlled by the locale Emacs is
> running in (or the relevant language settings inside Emacs).

> For example I want to enforce English names, so I have in my init.el:

> #+begin_src elisp
> (set-language-environment "English")
> (set-locale-environment "en_US.UTF-8")
> #+end_src

Thanks, so far so good, *but*

(set-language-environment "German")
(set-locale-environment "de_DE.UTF-8")

Does *not* insert a german date it inserts
an English one:

<2020-09-06 Sun>

> You can check what locale Emacs is using by inspecting the variables
> `current-language-environment', and especially `system-time-locale'
> (for the case that LC_TIME is set differently than other locale
> settings).
current-language-environment is a variable defined in ‘mule-cmds.el’.
Its value is "German"
Original value was "English"

system-time-locale is a variable defined in ‘C source code’.
Its value is "de_DE.UTF-8"

But it still inserts <2020-09-06 Sun>

Is this a bug?

Regards