Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] No tangle of code blocks within archived subtrees

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] No tangle of code blocks within archived subtrees
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2020 11:36:59 +0200

Hi Tom,

Tom Gillespie <tgbugs@gmail.com> writes:

>    This seems like it is probably a bug given that everything else
> about archive headings is disabled.

Yes, I agree this should considered as a bug.

I have a fix for it, which is to ignore archived subtrees along with
commented ones when tangling.

org-in-commented-heading-p is used in these Babel functions:

- org-babel-exp-process-buffer
- org-babel-ref-resolve
- org-babel-expand-noweb-references

Should we treat archived subtrees like commented ones in these
contexts too?  Respectively when exporting, resolving refs and
expanding noweb references?

I'd favor such an equal treatment of commented/archived subtrees but
I'd like to make sure it sounds good to everyone before.

--
 Bastien