Re: Default description for abbreviated links

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Default description for abbreviated links
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2020 09:58:19 +0200

Hello Kévin,

Kévin Le Gouguec <kevin.legouguec@gmail.com> writes:

> I like #+LINK keywords because they make documents self-sufficient:
> anyone opening my document can follow these links or export the buffer;
> they do not need to run some Elisp to add to org-link-parameters.
>
> One thing I don't know how to customize, however, is how these links are
> exported when they have no description.

thanks for sharing your need and ideas.

I think we can allow

  #+LINK: bug [[https://debbugs.gnu.org/%s][bug:%s]]

to define an abbreviated link producing the output you want.

Same in org-link-abbrev-alist(-local):

  (("bug" . "[[https://debbugs.gnu.org/%s][bug:%s]]";))

What do you think?  I'd rather not add an option or modify the
structure of org-link-abbrev-alist(-local).

Best,

--
 Bastien