Re: org-babel support for haxe

From: ian martins
Subject: Re: org-babel support for haxe
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2020 07:48:13 -0400

That makes sense.

It's probably enough to keep the languages page [1] complete and up to date. External repos should already have docs with the code.

[1] https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages.html

On Sat, Sep 5, 2020 at 3:24 AM Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:
Hi Ian,

ian martins <ianxm@jhu.edu> writes:

> Hello. The included patch adds org-babel support for haxe (https://
> haxe.org/). It allows main class and function definitions to be
> optional, accepts variables and supports babel functional mode.
> Please review.

I'm not an Haxe user, so I cannot review the functionnalities, but
from a cursory look, it seems fine.

After 9.4, we will probably remove some Babel libraries from Org's
core: we still need to decide on what criterium, but one candidate
is to remove a Babel library if the corresponding language is not
supported within Emacs core itself.

If we go that route, we also need to do a better job at promoting
external Babel libraries: perhaps a page on https://orgmode.org/worg
would help.

2 cents,

--