Re: Headline generation as in diary?

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Headline generation as in diary?
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2020 16:01:34 +0200

> > When dealing with complicated date rules it can likely happen that a
> > diary sexp doesn't fit into one line.
>
> Diary sexp can be a user-defined function. If your sexp needs to span
> multiple lines, it is probably worth defining a function and simply
> using <%%(your-function)> as a timestamp.

I think this is inconvenient.  Ok, only a bit.  But it would be nicer if
I could specify my dates in only one file.  Jumping around in my org
file + my emacs init file is what I used to do.

Multi-line sexps in time stamps work would just be nice to have.  Would
it be hard to achieve?  I mean, since multi-line %%(...) entries already
work...

Thanks,

Michael.