Re: Default value and docstring of org-attach-store-link-p

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Default value and docstring of org-attach-store-link-p
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2020 21:32:17 +0800

> I don't have a strong opinion here.
>
> Why do you think it would it be a better as a default?

It seems that other people expect it to be default [1]. Also, I am using
org-attach heavily in my workflows. Most of the time I found myself
inserting the link to attachment right after attaching a file. Finally,
it do not see any drawback adding the link to history vs not adding.

I personally would prefer 'attached as a default, but it is mostly
because I use org-attach already and attach: link would be shorter.
Probably, 'file as default is safer if the user changes the :DIR:
property for some reason.

[1]
https://www.reddit.com/r/emacs/comments/ihzh9r/orgmode_quicker_way_to_create_link_to_attachment/

> Feel free to propose a patch for this and the suggested switch, we can
> apply it after Org 9.4.

I will add it to my todo list. This should be lower priority than org-fold.el

Best,
Ihor