Re: new feature for consideration: other-tab for org-agenda-window-setup

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: new feature for consideration: other-tab for org-agenda-window-setup
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 10:50:53 +0100

On Wednesday, 26 Aug 2020 at 18:28, Kyle Meyer wrote:
> Thanks.  Sounds fine to me.

Hi Kyle,

thanks for the feedback.  Some questions/comments:

> Style conventions: s/added/Add/s/handle/Handle/

Okay although grammatically wrong but we won't go into that... ;-)

> I think it's worth noting here which Emacs version gained tab support.

Just as part of the comment?

> As you suggest in your follow-up message, you need to guard these calls
> for the sake of older versions.  Perhaps something like
>
>     (if (fboundp 'FN)
>         (FN ...)
>       (user-error "Your Emacs version doesn't support tabs"))

Okay; is there any way to guard the customization of the variable so that the
option does not get provided when it's an older version of Emacs?

I'll update the patch and post later.

Thanks again,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.3.7-719-gcdfc40.dirty