Re: Bug: eldoc error: (void-function nil) [9.3.7 (release_9.3.7-708-g541

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: Bug: eldoc error: (void-function nil) [9.3.7 (release_9.3.7-708-g5417e3 @ /home/n/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)]
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2020 01:07:45 -0400

No Wayman writes:

> The patch to org-eldoc applied in b2b587387 still throws an error:
>
> eldoc error: (void-function nil)
>
> I was unable to step through this because (I think) eldoc causes
> the debugger to close as soon as input is received. The error
> occurs when `eldoc--invoke-strategy` attempts to funcall
> eldoc-documentation-default.
>
> The attached patch works for me, but I do not know if it is the
> correct solution.

Yeah, b2b587387 dealt with the compiler warnings, but indeed it looks
like there is at least [*] this remaining issue.  Thanks for catching it
and for the patch.

I'm short on time tonight, but I'll take a closer look tomorrow.

[*] Perhaps org-eldoc-get-mode-local-documentation-function's use of
    eldoc-documentation-function is also problematic?