Re: Repeating task hourly

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: Repeating task hourly
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 22:29:41 -0400

Kevin Liu writes:

>> Is there any way to do this or are the docs out of date?
>
> I made a few quick changes to org-habit and it works prima facie.  Will
> continue testing for a bit.

The hourly repeater came in ec921a2a6 (Support hourly repeat cookies,
2012-04-20), well after the "less than 1d" guard was added in
org-habit.el.  So, perhaps it'd make sense to update org-habit.el to
support hour repeaters, particularly if habit users say there's a need.

As a non-habit user reading through (info "(org)Tracking your habits"),
I'm a bit worried that your patch only works superficially.  That node
talks about "graphs that show every day" and "colors for each day"; does
that sort of logic break down with your proposed changes?