Re: [Interest] Determanistic Org IDs

From: TEC
Subject: Re: [Interest] Determanistic Org IDs
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 22:53:46 +0800

Alexander Adolf <alexander.adolf@condition-alpha.com> writes:
Hello Timothy,

Hi :)

Interesting. Just a thought: have you considered computing a SHA-2 hash...
I have not. Simply put, I fail to see any advantage.

This would have the advantage of solving both, your "noise issue" and at the same time removing the threat of id collisions; but at the cost of not having "speaking" links.

As it stands there is no issue with ID collisions within the same file, just in-case you wanted to look across files.

This is ensured in the (while (--any (equal ref (car it)) cache) ... block.

All the best,

Timothy.