make org-refile auto-recache when needed?

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: make org-refile auto-recache when needed?
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2020 13:17:21 +0100

Hi all,

I note that when org-refile-use-cache is enabled and the cache becomes
stale, attempting to refile results in this error message (originating
from `org-refile-check-position'):

    Invalid refile position, please clear the cache with `C-0 C-c C-w' before
refiling

Is there any reason why it couldn't just automatically rebuild the
cache when needed?  If it did that then I struggle to imagine why
anyone would ever *not* want the cache enabled, because in the worst
case org-refile would just behave the same as when the cache is
disabled, and in the best case it would perform a lot faster.

Cheers,
Adam