Re: Org mode for meeting minutes

From: Alexander Adolf
Subject: Re: Org mode for meeting minutes
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2020 18:21:04 +0200

Hello Adam, All,

Adam Spiers <orgmode@adamspiers.org> writes:

> [...]
>> His mail is from 2008 and a lot has happened in the mean time. I would
>> suggest that today (1) and (2) can be handled with normal org export or
>> even pandoc. Inline tasks[2] help a lot to add, well inline tasks. For (3)
>> and (4) he mentions a dynamic block that could collect all action
>> items.

I have used this suggestion very successfully for my own purposes to
implement (3) and (4):

https://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-meeting-tasks.html

Inline tasks are an element here, too. It also features a function to
extract all assigned actions and collect them in one place. Not a table
though, but in exchange for keeping them as headings, they can appear in
agenda views etc.

Fully agree that (1) and (2) are fully covered by org export these days,
btw.

Just my two cents anyway.

>> I never found that dynamic block he mentions, so I hacked one up (which
>> was suprisingly easy). I haven't packaged it but the gist of it is
>> below:
>
> [snip]
>
> I have no doubt that your modern solution is much better than my ancient
> hack, but just for the record, the latter can be found here:
>
> https://github.com/aspiers/emacs/blob/master/.emacs.d/init.d/as-gtd.el#L79-L117
> [...]

Thanks for sharing your code. It would seem to me that this can be very
usefully combined with the worg tutorial I am pointing at above, to
create a workflow.

Cheers,

  --alexander