Re: Bug: Option to disable evaluation of code blocks during export [9.3.

From: John Ciolfi
Subject: Re: Bug: Option to disable evaluation of code blocks during export [9.3.7 (9.3.7-dist @ /PATH/TO/org/install/emacs/site-lisp/org/)]
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 14:32:26 +0000

Hi

Perhaps, in the interactive C-c C-e mode there could be:

 [C-e] Eval code blocks:  always | never | use-eval-header-setting

where 'use-eval-header-settings' is the default and uses whatever was set by the current org file and emacs session. Always and never would override that.

Consider the scenario where a number of people are working on a common overall "book" which is constructed from many org-files. The "hardcoded" setting of :eval no-export header in individual blocks would mean that I cannot interactively enable or disable the evaluation of the blocks.

Part of my confusion was that it took a little bit to figure this out (I ended up debugging the lisp code to get what I wanted). I think this could be improved in the doc, though I do admit, I'm not entirely clear on all the ways to control evaluation of code blocks during export. If I were, I'd propose something for the org manual.

Thanks
John