Canonical howto and init.el config for org-protocol and org-capture on O

From: Daryl Manning
Subject: Canonical howto and init.el config for org-protocol and org-capture on OSX Catalina?
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 02:54:26 +0800

I've gone over a couple of older (and a newer) walkthroughs of how org-protocol is supposed to work with a browser (firefox in my case) and _javascript_ bookmarklet to allow capture of info to emacs (27.0.91 from the emacs-plus homebrew install) in my case.

None of them has seemed to work, I do know that a number of security changes in Catalina might have broken or made this difficult, but does anyone have this working in a reliable, smooth way? Mostly for me I want to be able to capture email urls from gmail to have a ref for todos I've creating though being able to save snipper from web pages and such would be nice as well.

thanks (and apologies if my search fu simply let me down here, but I did try 3 different instructions).

Daryl.