Re: org-babel-tangle not using relative links

From: Jeremias Gonzalez
Subject: Re: org-babel-tangle not using relative links
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2020 15:21:29 -0700

With some further testing regarding the issue, I have been able to replicate the problem, with the relative links setting in org babel being ignored, using "emacs -Q" on Ubuntu with the emacs version installed from their package repository.

The test.org file is the same as before, and again the absolute path of the folder being shown in the link comments in the output test.py file:

# [[file:~/mytest/test.org::*My%20top%20level][My top level:1]]
print("This is my code")
# My top level:1 ends here

Here is the bug report system info:

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.14)
 of 2020-03-26, modified by Debian
Package: Org mode version 9.1.9 (release_9.1.9-65-g5e4542 @ /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/)

I was also able to replicate the problem using the bleeding edge version of org mode, with the same absolute path result as above. The bug report system info reports this org mode version:

Package: Org mode version 9.3.7 (release_9.3.7-627-g0eeee1 @ /home/test/elisp/org-mode/lisp/)

Let me know if I can provide any further information, thank you very much for your help.