Re: tables, positioning of `#+Plot:' lines

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: tables, positioning of `#+Plot:' lines
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2020 23:16:55 +0200

> point is: as far as I can see, org-plot currently only recognizes its
> `#+' lines if they are immediately before the table.  being new to
> this world, I a not aware of other `#+<name>:' lines other than TBLFM
> and PLOT.

#+name: #+header: #+caption: #+results: #+attr_latex: #+attr_html: …

They all live right before the element, not necessarily a table, they
refer to.

> which is the name you give to these lines?  def lines? table-meta-data
> lines?

Affiliated keywords.

> there isn't any global function for matching them, is there?

The parser captures their value.

Before overloading affiliated keywords, such as PLOT, or HEADER, you may
want to consider using a dedicated Gnuplot source block for advanced
drawings is the way to go.