How to annotate past clock entries so the note shows in agenda?

From: Tory S. Anderson
Subject: How to annotate past clock entries so the note shows in agenda?
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2020 07:00:12 -0600

Hello all,

When I clock out of an entry I have a pop up from (org-add-log-note); I can add
a note which will appear in my agenda right after the clock item. Often times,
though, I want to go back through my day's agenda and add these; for example,
upon marking "done" on a task it automatically clocks me out and does not
invite me to take a note. Or at journaling time at day's end I'd like to add
such a note that would be visible in my agenda.

The prompt comes from org-store-log-note called by org-add-log-note. The latter
checks org-log-note-purpose. That's as far as my sleuthing has been able to go,
though; I can manually call the function to receive the prompt for adding a
clock-out note, but it doesn't stick it anywhere useful.

How can I add clock-out notes after the event? Must I manually go to the clock
event and type in my note there, or can I utilize the same prompt somehow?

Thanks for any help!

- Tory