Re: Contact data and sync revisited

From: Bob Newell
Subject: Re: Contact data and sync revisited
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 07:49:20 -1000

Russell Adams <RLAdams@AdamsInfoServ.Com> writes:

> My key problem is I need a way to access my contacts in Emacs and Mutt, and
> send
> them to my Android phone. Single direction sync is fine.

Aloha,

I've probably mentioned this before in past postings, but
there is a comprehensive solution for Android if you install
the free Termux app, which has packages for emacs and mutt
(although I use gnus), plus rsync and zillions of other
tools. I was able to reproduce 100% of my (text mode) emacs
environment on an Android tablet, an Android phone, and a
Chromebook running an Android subsystem. I use rsync to a
cloud service for two-way sync among eight varied devices (one
at a time, of course).

It takes a seriously serious amount of up-front work and may
not be at all close to what you are seeking, but once it's set
up, it's amazingly effective and productive (at least for me).

--
Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i

- Via GNU/Linux/Emacs/Gnus/BBDB