Re: [Feature] add a new org-attach dispatcher command to offline save we

From: Matthew Lundin
Subject: Re: [Feature] add a new org-attach dispatcher command to offline save web page
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 17:15:45 -0500

> My view on this is bare-bones download, in a spirit of org-attach
> itself. There is already 'url method in org-attach-attach, but it is
> hard-coded to url-retrieve-synchronously. It would be handy if user
> could configure alternative retrievers (like monolith, wget, curl, or
> some user-defined function).

Thanks. I'm learning about this for the first time after using
org-attach for years! I have no idea why I've never noticed it.

> Note that monolith does not crawl the website. It only collects
> everything needed to show the page as you see it in browser into single
> html file. This behaviour is what one expects to obtain when saving a
> full web-page from browser.

Agreed. This looks like the way to go. Keep it simple and abstract the
call to url-copy-file to allow the user to configure the command for
downloading the page/file.

Best,

Matt