Re: [Feature] add a new org-attach dispatcher command to offline save we

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [Feature] add a new org-attach dispatcher command to offline save web page
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 13:49:15 +0800

> This looks helpful, but I think this should be an add-on rather than
> integrated into the org-attach. I'm glad to learn about monolith, but
> far fewer users are likely to have it installed than have wget or curl
> installed. You might also want to check out org-board, which has similar
> functionality:

It does not mean that attaching URL directly is not worth including into
org. This sounds pretty common use case, especially considering the number
of packages providing similar feature. You mentioned org-board, but
there is also org-download and org-web-tools.

I agree that monolith is completely uncommon tool and I would not expect
the majority of users to have it installed, but the same functionality
utilising built-in url.el (as a default) should be acceptable.

Best,
Ihor

--
Ihor Radchenko,