Re: Bug: why does org-goto call org-latex-preview?

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: Bug: why does org-goto call org-latex-preview?
Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 04:20:43 +0000

Ihor Radchenko writes:

>> It looks like an oversight to me.  I think
>> org-startup-with-latex-preview should be let-bound to nil around
>> org-goto-location's call to org-mode.  Likewise, I'd say that
>> org-startup-with-inline-images and org-startup-shrink-all-tables should
>> be let-bound to nil.
>
> Is there even a need to call the whole (org-mode). The new buffer is
> an indirect buffer. It should already have org-mode activated (at least,
> we can check for it and not call (org-mode) unnecessarily). If we just
> want to reset initial visibility, (org-overview) is already doing the
> job of (org-set-startup-visibility) from (org-mode).

Hmm, thanks for taking a step back.  It does seem like the org-mode call
should be unnecessary. (I haven't tried yet.)  I wonder whether calling
org-mode could be a leftover from all the way back in 70b6cc5da (Release
5.10a, 2008-01-31), where there was a switch from using a normal buffer
to an indirect one.