RE: emacs + org-mode in virtual machine/docker/...

From: Nick Daly
Subject: RE: emacs + org-mode in virtual machine/docker/...
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 14:40:35 -0500

John Kitchin writes:
> Has anyone had any success in creating or using any kind of virtual
> machine that can work across platforms to run emacs+org-mode?

Yes, just this spring.  I was trying to design an experiment that
could be replicated and expanded by any citizen scientist, with
minimal effort and interference.  I didn't use docker, but instead
Propellor to produce a bootable disk image that can boot from
removable media or be launched in a VM.

https://gitlab.com/nickdaly/cs790-p1

    $ make diskimage

The disk image can be reproduced from inside the VM, if necessary,
allowing anyone to customize and extend the experiment.  Additionally,
the =.gitlab-ci= file ensures that the experiment's data are
reevaluated and the paper republished every time the experimental data
are updated:

- The paper :: https://nickdaly.gitlab.io/cs790-p1/notes.pdf

- The full set of experimental notes :: https://nickdaly.gitlab.io/cs790-p1

Thanks,