Re: issue tracker?

From: tomas
Subject: Re: issue tracker?
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 16:53:22 +0200

On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 09:05:33AM -0500, James R Miller wrote:
> (I also don’t understand the knee jerk response away from
> cookies / JavaScript).

Mine isn't a knee-jerk reaction. It's worse: it's well thought-out.
Discussing that in detail would be far off-topic for this list,
though.

> Those are just parts of the modern web... Cookies for state and persistent
> login and JavaScript for making the web page interactive.

There are many things which are "parts of modern X", for many
values of X, which I dislike. I tend to avoid them.

> Are you saying you’d want some sort of REST api instead and the website would
> just be a view into that?

All well and fine (as long as it is documented). But falling
back to Plain Old HTML just works too.

Cheers
-- t