Re: [patch suggestion] Mitigating the poor Emacs performance on huge org

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [patch suggestion] Mitigating the poor Emacs performance on huge org files: Do not use overlays for PROPERTY and LOGBOOK drawers
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 00:22:46 +0800

> As a follow-up, I switched property drawers (and only those) back to
> using `outline' invisible spec in master branch. Hopefully, navigating
> in large folded files should be faster.

Just tested the master branch.
Three observations on large org file:

1. Next/previous line on folder buffer is still terribly slow
2. Unfolding speed does not seem to be affected by the last commits - it
is still much slower than text property version. There might be some
improvement if I run Emacs for longer time though (Emacs generally
becomes slower over time).
3. <TAB> <TAB> on a headline with several levels of subheadings moves
the cursor to the end of subtree, which did not happen in the past.

Best,
Ihor

--
Ihor Radchenko,