Re: wip-cite status question and feedback

From: Bruce D'Arcus
Subject: Re: wip-cite status question and feedback
Date: Sat, 2 May 2020 09:45:43 -0400

On Sat, May 2, 2020 at 9:13 AM Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:

> I suggested to support at least "cite", "cite/text" and "cite/paren",
> but it sounds like "cite/paren" is not possible with Citeproc. This
> doesn't matter much, we can limit the supported set to "cite" and
> "cite/text" in Citeproc.

Just to clarify here (hopefully I do; I know this is complicated), in
author-date CSL styles, the default is effectively cite/paren.

Here's the citation template layout for APA, for example:

https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/blob/master/apa.csl#L1672

Which means "(Doe, 2018)".

Suppress-author and intext variants modify that default.

Bruce