Re: adding paragraph folding to visibility cycling?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: adding paragraph folding to visibility cycling?
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 19:51:45 +0200

Hello,

"Bruce D'Arcus" <address@hidden> writes:

> Right now, I just keybindings for  origami-toggle-all-nodes
> origami-toggle-node.
>
> But I was thinking to have this folding as a step between disclosing
> all headings, and disclosing everything.
>
> Does that make sense?

There could be elements between headlines and paragraphs, e.g., a drawer
or a block. Why would you fold the paragraphs without taking care of the
intermediate levels. Moreover, it adds steps in TAB cycle, which makes
it slower.

I'm not sure this is a great idea to add that to the global cycling
mechanism. Or maybe the global cycling should be configurable, e.g., as
a list of symbols that can be expanded with TAB. It could be complicated
to handle intermediate steps, as explained above.

As a data point, I wouldn't like to have to hit TAB five times before
returning to the original visibility state.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou