Re: Bug: org-eldoc should require org-refile [9.3.6 (release_9.3.6-442-g

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: Bug: org-eldoc should require org-refile [9.3.6 (release_9.3.6-442-g97f0f1 @ /home/ryan/.emacs.d/straight/build/org-plus-contrib/)]
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 02:52:01 +0000

"Ryan C. Thompson" <address@hidden> writes:
> `org-eldoc-get-breadcrumb' in org-eldoc.el calls `org-get-outline-path'
> which is defined in org-refile.el, but org-eldoc does not load
> org-refile. This results in void-function errors when the Eldoc idle
> timer runs in an org buffer, unless you manually load org-refile. To fix
> this, org-eldoc should load org-refile.

Thanks for the report.  This is related to the recent move of some
org.el code to org-refile.el.  While your suggestion would resolve the
issue, there are other dependency issues with that org-refile.el change.
I proposed a large fix [^1] in a related thread:

  https://yhetil.org/orgmode/address@hidden

That will resolve this issue as well, so let's see what comes of that.

[^1]:
https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode/commit/18e58aa0d7fd367b3506891b633a493f402e9fee