Re: How to add new type of block to a derived back-end?

From: Salomon Turgman
Subject: Re: How to add new type of block to a derived back-end?
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2020 21:58:00 -0400

Ok... just reporting back my progress in case it helps someone else. Bur first, all the stuff that you can do with src blocks is stuff I never imagined. Seems like the possibilities are endless. Here is what I did so far:

#+NAME: simulation
#+HEADER: :var cap="DEFAULTCAPTION" :cache yes :eval no-export :var altimage="1_image.svg#img1"
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :var divid="defid" :var num=1 :results html :exports results
(format
"<div class=\"caption\">Simulation %s: %s</div>
      <noscript>
        <svg>
          <use xlink:href="" </use>
        </svg>
      </noscript>
  <script>var app = Elm.%s.init({node: document.getElementById(\"%s\")});</script>"
num cap divid altimage (capitalize divid) divid)
#+END_SRC

That is my "definition"... I call it like this:

#+CALL: simulation(cap="Manual control of tank level", num=1, divid="main1", altimage="1_manual_noscript.svg")

And it seems to work beautifully. Still need to figure out the counting of the number of simulations per page... but that should be trivial at this point. Thank you so much for all the pointers.

-s-