Re: org-clock misleading description for a prompt option

From: Dmitrii Korobeinikov
Subject: Re: org-clock misleading description for a prompt option
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 22:57:49 +0600

> That seems confusing to me as well (at least being the not-advanced
> clocker that I am).  I suspect the confusion comes from the different
> perspective from which it's written.  You're talking about restarting
> Emacs and clocking in again; the description is, I think, written
> assuming the context of the prompt being triggered due to idle time.  In
> that scenario, hitting i/q or 'k => all' have the same effect; a new
> entry is not created.

I am not sure I follow. Is idle time some sort of concept used by
org-clock for something more than the interface explanations?

Whether I restart emacs or purposefully insert (while no clocks are
running) `CLOCK: [2020-04-10 Fri 22:43]' into a logbook and do
org-clock-in, the behaviour is the same. Also, 'k => all' is not an
option for me, it just asks for a number, defaulting to the elapsed
time. Perhaps it's because I am running an older version of org-mode
(9.3.6.)