Re: wip-cite status question and feedback

From: Bruce D'Arcus
Subject: Re: wip-cite status question and feedback
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2020 05:46:08 -0400

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 5:30 AM Bruce D'Arcus <address@hidden> wrote:

> FWIW, I asked about this on the CSL developers subforum, and got a
> very helpful reply from Denis Maier, first discussing the pandoc
> citation model and parsing, and then the org citation syntax and
> global affixes it supports.
>
> https://discourse.citationstyles.org/t/ideal-api-to-expose-for-csl-processor/1622/3
> https://discourse.citationstyles.org/t/ideal-api-to-expose-for-csl-processor/1622/4
>
> He suggests considering adding support for the global prefix to CSL 1.2.

PS - he also suggests here that it looks like the global affixes comes
from biblatex.

I just confirmed that. From the manual (section 3.8.3):

\cites(multiprenote)(multipostnote)[prenote][postnote]{key}...[prenote][postnote]{key}

I have a lot of respect for biblatex, and know it's designed for
handling more complex real world styles.

Bruce