what is the "stock value of org-modules" (Was Re: Gnus org-mode link pro

From: Gijs Hillenius
Subject: what is the "stock value of org-modules" (Was Re: Gnus org-mode link problems in org 9.3)
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2020 15:49:19 +0200

Dear Bob, others

> I had customized the value 'org-modules'. This was fine so long as we
> had 'org-gnus' (and other similar modules). But in org 9.3 this has
> become 'ol-gnus' (and ol-bbdb and so on). Now, 'ol-gnus' and the rest
> are included in the stock value of org-modules, but this was
> over-ridden by my customized version. No more org-gnus to load! So I
> lost functionality as described in my complaint.

I stumbled over this too, seeing how earlier this morning my [bbdb:
links ] in org files refused work. (I don't use that daily, clearly!)

Looking in my init.el "customisation" section, I see org-bbdb,
org-bibtex, org-docview, org-gnus, org-info, org-irc, org-mhe,
org-rmail, and org-w3m. Did I put those there? I guess.

So, I remove these, but even though I restarted Emacs, now the value of
org-modules is nil. Whereas the documentation says the orginal value is
all of the above - except entitled ol-$name instead of org-$name. So,
should I add all of these modules back via customization?

Org mode version 9.3
GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (Debian emacs-snapshot)