Re: tabbar or .... ?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: tabbar or .... ?
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2020 13:11:13 +0100

On Tuesday,  7 Apr 2020 at 10:49, Sharon Kimble wrote:
> But, I'm using 'tabbar' and I've had to break the file up into 3
> separate org-mode files because otherwise the buffer I'm working on
> drops out of tabbar into its own frame. (File 1 is 1.5mbs, 2 is 1.1mbs,
> and 3 is 413kbs.)

Can you please explain this in more detail?  How does a buffer "drop out
of tabbar"?

Are you using the old tabbar.el implementation or the new tab-bar
implementation available since Emacs v27?

> I have 'vlf' acting in my setup, but how can I avoid the file dropping
> out of tabbar please?

Ah, maybe it is the fault of vlf.  Your files are not that large so do
you really need to use vlf?

In any case, I'm not sure this is an org issue (but that could be
because I've not understood your problem) so you may have better luck in
the emacs help group.

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.3.6-438-g5b9698