Re: Bug: org-shiftright etc. do not respect org-support-shift-select [9.

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: Bug: org-shiftright etc. do not respect org-support-shift-select [9.3.6 (9.3.6-elpa @ /home/vladimir/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.3.6/)]
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2020 05:19:08 +0000

Vladimir Panteleev <address@hidden> writes:

> I have org-support-shift-select set to 'always. As such, when editing
> tables, I expect that Shift + arrow keys to enable Emacs shift
> selection. Instead, it moves table cells around.
>
> This behavior did not exist in Org 9.1.9.

The change in behavior happened with 09f950723 (Added keybindings for
`org-table-move-cell-*' functions), which was a part of the v9.3
release.  Looking at that commit and scanning the associated thread [^],
I'm guessing the interaction with org-support-shift-select was simply
overlooked and those org-table-move-cell-* calls should be updated to
inspect org-support-shift-select, like (some of) the other neighboring
branches in the code.

I'll take a look at doing that tomorrow.

> The documentation of org-support-shift-select should also be updated
> to include tables in the list of contexts where shifted cursor keys
> execute Org commands.

True.

Thanks for the report.

[^]: https://yhetil.org/orgmode/address@hidden/T/#u