Re: "Wrong number of arguments: nil, 0" error when exporting a table wit

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: "Wrong number of arguments: nil, 0" error when exporting a table with caption to ODT
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2020 17:03:07 +0000

Perl Ancar <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sun, Apr 5, 2020 at 12:16 PM Kyle Meyer <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> > Any pointer?
>>
>> If upgrading doesn't work for you (or you'd just like to investigate),
>> doing "M-x toggle-debug-on-error" and getting a backtrace could be a
>> good place to start.
>>

> Unfortunately after M-x toggle-debug-on-error I'm not getting relevant
> additional messages in the *Messages* buffer (I read that messages will
> appear in the *Warnings* buffer, but I see that there is no *Warnings*
> buffer created):

Ah, sorry for the unhelpful suggestion.  It looks like that error is
being caught (which I should have guessed from the "OpenDocument ..."
prefix):

  (defmacro org-odt--export-wrap (out-file &rest body)
    [...]
       (condition-case err
           [...]
         (error
          ;; Cleanup work directory and work files.
          (funcall --cleanup-xml-buffers)
          (message "OpenDocument export failed: %s"
                   (error-message-string err)))))

So to see the error, you could either remove that error handling or
tweak it to re-throw it:

    (signal (car err) (cdr err))