Re: tangling from multiple files

From: David Bremner
Subject: Re: tangling from multiple files
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2020 15:08:42 -0300

"Berry, Charles" <address@hidden> writes:

> Oops. Correction below.
>
>> On Mar 18, 2020, at 7:38 PM, Berry, Charles <address@hidden> wrote:
>>

>> Right. It does not work directly for tangling. So also use
>>
>> #+export_file_name: b2.org
>>
>> (say)
>>
>> Then load ox-ob.el,
>
> load ox-org.el, rather.
>
>> export as C-c C-e O o (org-org-export-to-org),  visit b2.org and tangle from
>> there.

I finally got around to trying this. In a broad sense it works, but
(at least with default settings) it loses the keywords on individual
source blocks.

if a.org looks like

#+include: c.org
#+export_file_name: foo.org
#+begin_src python :tangle foo.py :noweb true
<<test.py>>
    def hello():
        test()
#+end_src

then foo.org looks like

# Created 2020-04-04 Sat 15:03
#+TITLE:
#+AUTHOR: David Bremner
#+name test.py
#+begin_src python
  def test:
      print("test")
#+end_src
#+export_file_name: foo.org
#+begin_src python
  <<test.py>>
      def hello():
          test()
#+end_src

Since my org files all tangle to multiple source files, this doesn't
really work for me.  I guess I could have a single wrapper file for each
file I want to tangle to, but I have other keywords e.g. :shebang, whose
loss will still break things.