rmarkdown-like production of multiple plots in org

From: Matt Price
Subject: rmarkdown-like production of multiple plots in org
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 15:23:17 -0400

I'm completely new to R.

I've started working with a project that creates plots using the ggplot package -- so by default it creates grid objects, rather than writing to files.

In rmarkdown/rstudio, I can write something like this in a SOMEFILE.Rmd :

```
install_github('eeholmes/CoV19')
library(CoV19)
getdata();
plot4(world, 'Ontario Canada')
plot2(world, 'Italy')
plot4(states, "WA")
```

I sort of love how the rmarkdown package will just create all 3 of those plots, save them to auto-named files, and render to HTML.  In RStudio, running just that block will also create all three blocks and display them in the editor.

By contrast, creating a series of many plots in org is fairly tedious.  I have to name the plot individually & put each function call in its own src block. Is there any way to mimic the behaviour of rmarkdown instead? I odn't understand babel or R enough to really even see how something like that could be implemented, but I'd appreciate some pointers.  Thank you!