default units for graphics in R code blocks

From: Tyler Smith
Subject: default units for graphics in R code blocks
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 11:44:31 -0400

Hi,

The worg documentation for R code indicates the default units for
graphics output is 'in', inches. However, when I try the following:

#+begin_src R :results file graphics :file ca.jpg :width 8 :height 11
  plot(1:10)
#+end_src

I get an error noting the margins are too large. If I change the width
and height arguments to 800, it works just fine, and the resulting image
is pretty small.

I can also get a working image by specifying units as in and res as 100.

I conclude from this that the default units are actually pixels? Is that
correct? If so I can update the docs.

Best,

Tyler

--