Re: ob-calc duplicate stack-element issue

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: ob-calc duplicate stack-element issue
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2020 12:06:46 +0000

On Sunday, 15 Mar 2020 at 11:46, Heiko Schmidt wrote:
> - I want to use ob-calc to do some "literate calculation" with the
>    purpose to document what I thought at the time I wrote it.

I have never managed to get ob-calc to do what I want either so I cannot
help you directly with your query.  Instead, I use embedded calc mode,
along these lines:

Number of cars (PKW) in germany:

ncars := 45000000.

Yearly mileage in [km/y]

mileage := 15000 km/y

Calculate amount of complete km per year

mileage ncars => 675000000000. km / y

You have to activate embedded mode.  By default, calc will look for
expressions surrounded by empty lines.  The := operator assigns values
to variables and the => operator says to show the result here instead of
replacing the expression with the result.

As an aside, calc understands units which is quite nice...

HTH,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.3.6-412-ge18415