Re: [SOLVED] Re: Can Org Mode tag support dash character "-"?

From: Marco Wahl
Subject: Re: [SOLVED] Re: Can Org Mode tag support dash character "-"?
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2020 08:23:50 +0100

stardiviner <address@hidden> writes:

> Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 3:08 PM stardiviner <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>  I found Org Mode tags does not support tag like "COVID-9", The dash
>> character "-" is not supported.
>>
>>  Can Org Mode support the dash char because it is very often used.
>>
>> This is not a good idea, because searches can be built with +tag and -tag .
>>
>> Use COVID9 or COVID_9 instead.
>
> I see, thanks.

BTW you could use some kind of decoration for the visual representation
of tags e.g. an image of a corona-virus.  This is the idea of
https://melpa.org/#/org-pretty-tags.  You could even use "COVID-19" as
replacement for "COVID19" but possibly this brings too much confusion.

Hopefully not too shameless at plugging,
-- Marco